Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Travel Photography

It's been a while.... I figured I should probably get something new up here for you all to enjoy.  :)

For a project I'm working on (more about that in later posts), I found that I really needed to be able to show people a sampling of some of my past photography. So, I recently browsed through several thousand photos and uploaded a sampling of some of my better shots to a Picasa album, if you want to check them out. 

My favorite part of the process, though, was rediscovering some of the photos I'd taken in various international adventures with my little Pentax point-and-shoot. I'm sure they aren't all that spectacular to everybody else, but man, the memories they call to mind! Eva-Lynn and I are having lots of fun traveling around the nearby states, but we're both dying to do some international travel again. Someday...

Anyway, here are some cool shots from around the world. Enjoy your virtual vacation.... and, as always.... same post, bigger pictures at travislundphotography.blogspot.com.  :)




Hill Tribe woman (Hmong, if I remember right) in northern Thailand




really like this picture for some reason. It was taken on the steps of a church in Lima, Peru.




Machu Picchu at sunrise, seen from the ancient "Camino Inka" (Inca Trail)




A craftsman in Montecristi, Ecuador -- home of the so-called "Panama hat"



Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina (Patagonia).  Those ice spires are hundreds of feet high, and would occasionally come crashing down....




Hopkins, Belize - location of Eva-Lynn and my first international trip together (honeymoon!)

2 comments:

ryan said...

awesome. i agree "the birds" one is really interesting... it reminds me of Mary Poppins and the bird lady.

hey, you haven't really done much of asia... you two should come visit korea. :)

Jamie said...

Reminded me of the Mary Poppins bird lady too! "Feed the birds, tuppence a bag; Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag"