Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tara the Dancer

This July, my dad and I are going to be the photographers at my brother-in-law Tyler's wedding. To get in some practice photographing people in a "photo shoot" setting, I put the word out that I would do portrait sessions with people for free (that's the "project" I mentioned I was working on in the last post). I had plenty of responses... "free" gets people's attention. :)

My first shoot was with Tara, a graduate student studying dance here at CU. It was a great warm-up session for me... she brought a ton of props, dance routines, and ideas for the shoot, so I didn't have to worry too much about thinking up creative poses or anything for her -- I just got to focus on the "camera-technique" side of things. Here are some of my favorite shots from the session....  bigger versions here, and the full album is on Picasa here. (Notice that Picasa now has a full-screen/slideshow option. Sweet!)















1 comment:

Jamie said...

WOW! Those are really cool, Travis! I like! : )