Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Where's Travis?

So, for those who don't already know my plans...

This summer I'm backpacking my way around South America, pausing only to do good, right wrongs, and fight injustice, all in a properly heroic manner. I'm starting in Ecuador, with Nic Schneider; we'll probably get as far as Peru, and maybe Bolivia, in the month he has free. At the beginning of July, he flies back to the US, and I'll be on my own.

Depending on what we've already seen and done and narrowly survived, I might head to Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, and/or Chile. I've got some contacts in a few places, and I may even settle into a town or two for a bit and get involved in some volunteer/missionary work. If you, noble reader, have any friends, relatives, acquantances, friends of a sister of your buddy's secretary, or long-lost pen pals anywhere on the South American continent, I'd love to hear about them...

In any case.... 12 hours from now, I'll be winging my way southward... then eastward.... then southwestward.... until, 36 hours from now, I arrive in Quito. It doesn't have to take quite so long to get there.... I just really like hanging out in airports.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to read the first traveling post, although I already know what it's going to be about...first - you saved a kitten from a burning apartment complex, then heard a baby crying at the top floor of another complex 10 blocks away - so you put together a mixture of combustible liquids, strapped a rocket-pack on and flew through the air to the innocent life-form's rescue, but this was only after stopping to help an old woman cross the street and dropping a coin in a bagger's cup despite your lack of funds to satisfy your insatiable hunger for even the smallest of cheesy burritos, be careful of that hot cheese once you DO get a meal!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Lund, My hero!!!
:0)

Anonymous said...

Serious...hey do they use chopsticks in South Americano? If they do hook me up with a pair...I mean you got me a pair from Thailand, why not from the other half. I will gladly compensate. I seriously think what you are doing rocks trav, and at the same time I am learning how to type without pecking.

love,
Dane

katie said...

alma and i say hello! alma says "tell me all about your travels or i'll kill you." i say, "travis, you're pretty. i shall miss your face and all that is attached. enjoy the world."
heater

Anonymous said...

Hola, from the three amigas. Yeah that's right, Emily, Liz and Cassie say hello. We hope you are having a great time and expected to be frequently updated on your many adventures. Meanwhile we are having fun without you!!! Tehe. Dont' be sharing your bad macbuddy self with any South American chicas (aka Hoochies) Adios!