Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ice, Ice, Baby

We´ve made it... We are now in Patagonia. In the winter. Yes, it´s very chilly... as in, 5 degrees below zero. In Celsius, though, which is around 25 degrees Fahrenheit. But 5 below sounds colder.

Our first excursion, upon arrival, was to visit none other than the Perito Moreno glacier... another one of those top-ten, don´t-miss-it spots in South America. And it´s true... you don´t want to miss it. Absolutely stunning... I´ll let the photos speak for themselves:

The pictures don´t do it justice... keep in mind that these towering ice spires are over 150 feet tall. And they occasionally came crashing down. Pretty cool.


Like father, like son... my beard´s just not grey yet. And my hat´s cooler.

After my previous run-in with Argentinian law enforcement, I was understandably hesitant to circumvent any more official barriers, especially ones with ¨Don´t Pass¨ written all over them...

But my old man is a rebel at heart, and nothing could hold him back (I guess that´s where I get it from).

Properly inspired by dear old dad´s example, I pushed the envelope even further... (gasp!). Somebody call the cops... this is getting out of hand.

4 comments:

Kia said...

What a nice comment that other person left....

Good job being a rebel. You should see how many more times you can get law enforcement called on you in foreign countries...

Jael said...

Travis, I love your blogs. You're so stinkin cool, and every time I read them I'm so jealous that you're just traveling the world like stinken Hurcules or Beastmaster or Tarzan or something, being all adventureous, and I'm stuck at school! But, I look forward to your posts, (I tend to live my dreams vicariously through them, at least until God opens a door and an opportunity arises for me to play out my Zena deam!!! (Notice the old mythological hero theme I have going on? What can I say? I'm an Amazon Woman at heart:) Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

hi travis and eric,
it looks stinken cold !!!
hope you are having fun!!!!!!!!
dave and joni

Anonymous said...

hey guys.......looks like you're having a blast!!!!!.....i am too!!!....only it's REALLY HOT here.....but still FUN!!!!....how was the freighter trip????.....if it was a cruise ship now i would have joined you!.....will you be going snowboarding in chile??.....it's ski season there....have FUN!!!!!!.....love mom