Saturday, December 08, 2007

Winter Wonderland Wanderings

I had to run an errand across campus yesterday. It was snowing, only the second time since I've been out here in Boulder, and everything was nicely frosted in crystalline awesomeness. Here at the 30,000-student University of Colorado, "across campus" is a lot farther than it was at Fox, especially if you don't know where you're going. The trip gave me plenty of snow-coated objects to admire, and my new cell phone has a pretty decent camera in it, so I started snapping photos.




The chemistry building. I pretty much live here.








Brrr.




I've been riding my bike to campus, but I wimp out when it's actually snowing. Other people are more dedicated. Our first-year Biochem Core course professor, for example. Occasionally he shows up at the last minute to teach our morning lecture -- wearing skin-tight, spandex bike pants. Sometimes he even grabs a button-up shirt and tucks it into the bike pants. I kid you not. Welcome to grad school... it's a whole new world in here.













1 comment:

ryan said...

awesome! i can't believe that's a camera phone... it does good work... but it's been said time and time again... that it's the photographer not the camera. nice!