Friday, October 24, 2008

First Snow

Last weekend we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park for the first time. It was overcast and pretty chilly, but we wanted to catch the fall colors... and they were awesome. While we were hiking, it actually started snowing lightly, which made the scenery that much more picture-perfect. Of the hundreds of photos I took, the best sixty or so are in my online picasa album... here are the best of the best.



















I didn't have my zoom camera that day (it's on the fritz), just my Pentax point-and-shoot... so the squirrel/chipmunk photos were taken the old-fashioned way... by sneaking up verrrry slowly...









Fall vs. Winter
































3 comments:

ryan said...

sweet! cool colors. i was thinking it would be pretty funny if one of those elk? came up and grabbed your camera while you were taking the distant back shot.

also... i dig the sideburns and soul patch. it's a good look for you.

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff Trav!!!
Keep Em coming! DAD

Jamie said...

Wow, Travis! Some of those a really exquisite and vivid! I was just in CO this past weekend for my Grampa's 80th birthday -- I thought of you both and hoped all was well over in Boulder. : ) How's this semester going?