Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Evil Plan

What happens when you put a chemist in charge of computers? Mass carnage:


Actually, that pile of electronics represents one of my main assignments over the past few days. I've been going through a shelf full of old computers, figuring out what works, and trashing what doesn't work.... after ripping out whichever guts might still be useful. I've managed to piece together a few working computers so far. They'll get used in a variety of ways... around the hospital, at the homes of some of the missionary doctors... we might even donate a few to some local schools. I feel like the Dr. Frankenstein of the Caribbean... piecing together my mechanical monsters, creating my army of minions to terrorize the villagers of Balfate.... today, Honduras... tomorrow, the world!! Mwaaahh-haa-haaaa.....

Speaking of the Caribbean, here's a glimpse of the hospital itself, peeking out of the lush Honduran jungle, with the balmy waters of the Caribbean in the background.... ummm, is this a hospital, or a tropical resort?



By the way.... that dead bug from last time? Apparently it was only mostly dead. It wandered off somewhere during the night. I'll probably find it in my backpack or under my sheets or something. Surprise....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey T.J., By the looks of those computers, you put that HAMMER technique to good use!!!! Love,DAD

Unknown said...

It looks so beautiful...and I don't mean the computers! Mass carnage is right! Now you are a mad computer scientist as well...and I especially like the evil laugh. Now we are both EvaL! What a perfect match! I love you my little, big genius!

PS. You know how we supposedly swallow spiders when we sleep? Maybe you swallowed the beetle... Just a thought. :)

katie said...

you are ridiculous.


and i love reading about your excellent adventures once again!